Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Watch A Storm

One of my favorite things to do is to sit and watch a storm. It is an amazing reminder of how awesome my God is. It also helps me remember how blessed I am in my life because during this storm tonight I have a roof over my head, a warm bed to sleep in, and a hot cup of tea to drink sitting and watching this storm. So many people in this world do not have these things and I wish more then anything that I could share what I have with them.

Storms like this also help me when I grow weary in my faith. The past few days I've really been struggling with questions and uncertainty. Sitting outside watching this storm has really helped me in remembering to simply trust in my God because he is the same God who forgave David's failures, the same God who gave Ester strength, the same God who brought down the walls of Jericho, and He is the same God who gave his Son for me. There is no reason to ever fear or question anything, simply pray and put your faith in God because He knows what is best for you and he will guide you in the right path.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understandings. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment