Saturday, July 13, 2013

Digging A Swimming Pool

The last two days I spent at Mololoa. On Thursday we had 2 groups, one went on the final house build and then one group went to Mololoa to dig and work in the feeding center.

A few months ago their was a storm in Mololoa that caused a flood in the daycare. The flood ruined the flooring in the day care, so we have been digging this huge hole, we call a swimming pool, that we eventually will fill with concrete. Another group will be finishing our project because we are only about 5-6 feet down and need to get to about 8 feet.

Friday was our last full work day. Most of the team went to Mololoa again to work an the swimming pool and about 12 people went to the fresh food market, made food bags, and handed out food at one of the villages here in Honduras.

At about 1:00 we stopped our work in the daycare to do daugters of the king. Daughters of theking is a thing we do for the little girls in Honduras. We wash their hair, comb it, braid it, wash their feet, and paint their nails. One of the most humbling things that you can do is wash someones feet. It was such an honor for me to be able to serve the little girls in Mololoa by washing their feet.

One of my favorite things about Mololoa is the children who live their. Mololoa has the best children you will meet in your life. Today I was blessed to meet a group of siblings who attached themselves to me. After I finished my turn washing feet I had an hour or two to play with the kids. This is my favorite thing to do out of anything that we do on the trip.

Today is our final day and we will be passing out food in Mololoa and the  going to the Valley of Angels to do some shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment