Monday, June 23, 2014

And So It Begins, 2014 TORCH Missions

It is hard to believe that a year has passed again already! Looking back a lot has changed from last year to this year. I have completed my first year of teacher, I have my own house, my own insurance, my own bills...it is crazy to think about. But here we are a small 5 hours away from the beginning of this next trip, and here I am not sleeping but blogging about it!

This year is my first year as a group leader. Tricky and I are the two leading the first group to Honduras this year. At 3:30AM we will be meeting at the church building to drive down to the airport, and although it is only a few hours away time can't seem to pass quick enough! From there we will need to get our stuff all into one car and be on the road by 4:00AM so that we can get to Pittsburgh and catch our 7:00AM flight. As much as I hate traveling days I always look forward to this particular one. On this trip it will be myself, Tricky, my niece Angel (no longer a rookie, as this is her 2nd year!), Hannah, Katie (Rookie), and Abby (Rookie). I always look forward to the new ones that come because seeing the change in them is truly an amazing thing.

I guess to finish up I just want to say please keep us all in your prayers about our travel the upcoming hours and the countless things that we will be doing in Honduras this year. I will do my best to update you throughout the trip with pictures and little messages.

Until then enjoy your shut eye, I doubt I will get much with my overload of excitement!

Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment