Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Last Landing

Buenos Dias! We are finally here! After a long day of traveling yesterday the advance team of 20 people have landed in Honduras.

My morning began yesterday around 2:45am (Eastern Time) and I was finally able to crawl into bed at about 10:00pm (Central Time). My travel buddy yesterday was Pat, we had a great time drinking coffee and anticipating the final arrival to Honduras.

I may be slightly excited for this!

Tricky and I on the plane.

Terry and some of his travel buddies.

When we landed in Honduras (Possibly for the last time at that airport, the last time on one of the most dangerous landings in the world! They are working on building a new airport) we had one of the smoothest transactions getting our luggage and getting through customs. We then went to the mall and got ourselves some dinner.

We pulled into Villa Gracia and discovered that they were having a wedding, so we all sat in the cafeteria, watched the wedding, and went over rules/room assignments. For those of you at home I am rooming with the Hannah's from the PA group.

Today we are planning on going to church at the Los Pinos congregation, shopping at Mi Esperanza, and I believe we are going to be working some at the warehouse. I will continue posting, my post almost always will be early in the morning. I hope many of you choose to use this blog to get some updates on my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment