Saturday, July 4, 2015

Satan Is Defeated!

The time had to come eventually that the Honduras portion of the trip would end and we would head off to our work in Costa Rica. I am very excited and ready for the work in Costa Rica but my heart will always be in Honduras, it is never easy leaving. Knowing I was going to Costa Rica made it slightly more bearable then in past years though! I am super tired so I am simply going to post some pictures with captions for this post, would love to hear from all of you!

We put up a sign at the schools we had build. 
The sign says the future starts here. 

My nieces and I. 


Scott and I

Tricky and I


After going to put the sign up we went back to the Jesus statue for the afternoon. The team broke off into groups of 7-10 people and we had some reflection time to really think about the things that have been seen, been done, etc throughout the last two weeks. 


Back at Villa Gracia we ended our trip in the most amazing way! Angela, Parker, Kassidy, and Molly made the decision to dedicate their lives to God. It was the perfect way to end this chapter of the trip and I could not be more excited for them to start their new Christian walk with God. Satan was surely defeated this day!



 Goodbye Honduras:

Being that it is the 4th of July we paid tribute by singing on the bus to the airport. 

I somehow managed to be one of the lucky ones that was upgraded to first class. 
I was given this very tasty "snack" as they called it. It is a crape filled with chicken and ricotta cheese. It was very good! I may have to start flying first class more often, haha!

Welcome to Costa Rica!

Roommates! 
I will be rooming with Cassidy and Sarah while in Costa Rica.
We are staying a a Best Western hotel.

We found this wonderful little place to eat just down the road from the hotel. 
It is great eating with my adopted mom and dad down here. We don't often get
to have family meals. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment