Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Bienvenido A Honduras

Welcome to Honduras! After what seems like the longest travel experience of my life we are finally here! It is really weird to be to be coming in this year behind everyone....I am so use to coming down a few days earlier then the team in years past.

We were up bright and early at 2:45am to get to the CORRECT airport by 3:30. Around 4 we were able to get checked in and get a ticket in our hands. *Thank goodness! We took off from DC around 5:45am and flew to Houston.

In Houston we had just over an hour layover. While we were waiting I was talking to Cassidy someone behind me pulled on my hair. I was rather confused because everyone was already in Honduras, they all traveled yesterday so who in the world was pulling my hair....I turn around and there is Scott. Originally Scott wasn't going to be able to come this year but then we found out that we had 24 houses to do during our 10 day trip and only 2 house build leaders so Terry and Brian begged Scott to come and help out just for a week. Scott of course was more then willing but he was not able to fly down until Monday.



We arrived in Honduras and had a LONG wait in customs....I do not think I have ever had to wait that long in customs, it was well over an hour and a half before we finally were through. Terry was waiting for us at the airport and then took us to the mall for lunch. While at lunch I got some of my favorite ice cream as well as introduced it to Terry....how he has never had this ice cream is well beyond me!

Hanging out at the grocery store! Which might I add was remodeled! 

When we finished lunch we went to the grocery store and then up to the Mission house. At the mission house we waited around for a little bit until the medical crew got back. Then I jumped right in and helped get some meds sorted for tomorrows medical center. Oh did I mention that my room is UPSTAIRS! This is year number 14 for me and I have never been anywhere but the downstairs with all of the teenagers and as much as I love that I am very excited to be in a room upstairs with some ladies my age!

Around 5:30 the 3 hours build crews got back and we had a delicious dinner. Around 7:45 we had Devo. Andrew Jonas is doing our devotionals this week. Last night he talked on Mark 16. He reminded us that we are here and it is our job to constantly be speaking Christ through our words and our actions. He talked about how we have to be moving forward at all times because is we aren't moving forward then we are going backwards. Andrew compared it to being on a boar in a river. If you are not constantly trying to paddle up stream then the current is just going to take you.

Honduras mornings <3

Today I am very excited because we are building the house that I raised money for! So if you donated to my house be sure to check in tomorrow to see the amazing impact that you are about to have in someones life, YOU are giving them this house, I am simply the one who was able to bring the funds down and help put your donation into action.

1 comment:

  1. When you open your eyes you see the strangest things. Tell everyone I said hi

    ReplyDelete