Monday, July 3, 2017

Honduras or DC?




Well yesterday did not go anything like we planned it to, which is probably normal since in Honduras right? We left Kittanning around 10:00pm on Saturday and arrived at Dullas airport around 2:00am, we then waited around for just about 2 hours for the United line to open...and that is where things began to go wrong! We were at the wrong DC airport....none of us even knew there were 2 airports in DC and we simply assumed that it was Dullas because that is where we have flown out of in the past. So we rush as fast as we can to get to Reagan Airport but sadly we were about 10 minutes too late to be able to check our bags, therefore we were stuck waiting in DC until Monday morning.

We really were there early....just not the right airport. *Picture taken at 2am




Now you have to realize all of this is happening and we have not had any sleep *left at 10:00pm Saturday and it is now about 6am Sunday. So we leave and get ourselves a hotel....which we had to pay for 2 days worth because of the timing...even though we were not even at the hotel for 24 hours. We then proceeded to take a nice long nap...well except Cassidy..she actually did sleep in the car on the drive down and therefore wasn't quite as tired as Tricky and I.



After waking up we went out to find some food because again none of us had eaten since we left apart from a few fruit snacks. After lunch we decided to make the best of a bad situation and we went to see some of the monuments in DC. I am pretty sure none of us realized the amount of walking that this was going to take....Cassidy and I turned into lobsters because we didn't put any sunscreen on and none of us had water...we stopped at one of the little side stores for a water but of course they sold the last one right before us, haha.

Although not expected, I did enjoying seeing the sights in DC. I haven't been 
here since I was really little!




 We're the 3 best friends that anyone could have. 



 Vietnam war memorial


 They didn't know I took this one. 😁






After seeing the sights we went back to the hotel and took another nap....Cassidy napped this time as well, hopefully I didn't kick her, I am a bit of a bed hog. We woke up around 8pm and decided to order pizza because we were all hungry again.....the pizza finally arrived at about 10pm. We had ordered a pepsi with it for all of us to share....they forgot that and had to go back to the store to get it...the pizza was gone before they came back with it....oh and it was a 20oz pepsi that they brought back....not the 2 liter that I had ordered but it sure did bring us a good old laugh *See snapchat videos below*


After Pepsi arrives....


So now it is about 5am Monday and we are finally checked into the airport and we are sitting at our gate. Honduras we are really coming this time. I hope you are all ready to take this adventure with me! To all of you who helped me get here I thank you so much for your contribution to my trip. To all of you who helped me meet the goal for the house I think you and I am excited to post pictures and tell you all about the family that you helped to provide a shelter for. TORCH Missions Honduras 2017 GO! has begun!

 It's really happening!!! 
😀

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys made it and you are together. Love you all

    ReplyDelete