Monday, July 7, 2014

Bus Surfins, Shopping, Pupusas, and New Family

Yesterday we had our shopping day. I slept in till about 6:00 yesterday and then got ready for Mi Esperanza. By about 9:00 we were down at the Mi Esperanza. Laurie told us her story of Mi Esperanza. About 12 years ago she fell in love with the women of Honduras and wanted to find a way to help them. It is amazing how much her love for women has changed lives of countless people in this country. We spent about an hour and a half shopping, I have to say I got some good stuff!

When we finished we set out the the Valley of Angels. I spent my time with Miss Sarah, Erica, and Dylan. We had a wonderful time shopping and eating papusas at a place called Virginias. After that my day turned a little bad. In my 11 years I have never been sick here in Honduras and althoug I still did not get the HTP most get I did get rather sick. I am fairly certain that it was a mix with the papusa not sitting right and being overheated. On the bus I was able to laydown and sleep till we got to Diamante for church services. Once there I felt much better. Terry spoke at church, I was amazed to see the amount of men at the service. After the service we had 6 new people added to our Christian family. For those of you who have never seen a baptism is a large bucket get ready to enjoy the pictures. One gental man who was baptized was so excited he hardly waited for Terry to dunk him in the water.

After the baptisms we rode back the the mission house for Taco Laco, a delishious taco treat. We then finished our day with devo and I turned in early since I had been a little uneasy early in the day.


 
 Bus surfing

 
 For those of you who don't know our one driver is nicknamed 
Loco (crazy in spanish) and he earned every bit of that name. He probably goes 
about 60 miles an hour or so down the mountain and around tigt turns.

 
 When you bus surf you can not touch the seats at all, and let me tell you 
Loco drives in a way that he tries to make you touch the seats.

 
 Laurie telling us about Mi Esperanza

 
 Enjoying lunch at 
Virginias Pupusas!

 
 The view from the church.


  Our 6 new family members

 
 He is good at making friends!

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Randi and wonderful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete