Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Moving Mountains

Yesterday we broke off into three groups, a house build, food distrabution, and a group to Mololoah. I was blessed to spend another day in Mololoah. The group there was also split three ways a feeding center group, daycare group, and a group working to level out the new garden area. It was a fun experience moving a mountain, since that is basically what we were doing. I was very glad that some strong younger men on our team went with us and spent pretty much the entire day swinging picaxes. We also had a little help from the cutest twins in Honduras, David and Angel. Those two boys worked so hard with us shoveling dirt and helping us carry buckets of dirt to dump out.

During our lunch break I went out the daycare gates and got to play with the twins, Jefferson, and a little girl named Genisis. They had a great time taking pictures with my camera and having me pick them up and swing them around. It was after lunch that we went back to work that they found a hole in the fence and decided to come in and help us work.

After the feeding center crew finished their work they came up and took some of our places in the garden to give us a break. Naturally if you know me I took this break and went out to play with my kiddos. I also got to see my Franklin, who was busy working all day right beside us fixing a tin roof. It is so neat seeing him all grown up but it is also sad for me because I want him to be my little boy who sits on my lap again.

By the end of our work we did not get the entire garden shoveled out. However we do believe that we completed enoug for the daycare to go ahead and back the fence up two feet to extend the playground.

I will try to post pictures again later today but for now the internet is too spotty for me to get my camera to load the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment