Saturday, July 5, 2014

The A Team

Our group has shrunk, the first group set off to the airport yesterday morning. Our second group is now gettting into full swing. We broke off into three teams: a select group went to the airport and fresh fruit market, a large group went to the hospital and blind school, and the third went out near the dump to build a house. I really wanted to goto the blind school but lots of people did so I ended up building a house again.

Our house build team was amazing! Tricky has nicknamed us the American A team for house building. The team worked so well together and always stayed busy. We did make one little mistake putting up the wrong third wall but we survived, we simply had to measure and cut every floor piece imstead of being able to use the chainsaw at the end. When the final wall was being put uo I was blessed to play with two boys named Tico and Yarlin. We threw around a frisbee for a while, they loved when I began throwing it under my leg, behind my back, and things like that. We also too, a bunch of pictures together, they thougt the fish eye setting on my camera was halarious! I wish I would have been ab,e to catch their laughs for you to hear when they saw the pictures.  By 1:50 we were cleaning up the work area and there was a new house standing there.



 
 The view from the build site.


 
 The build begins


I was digging post holes with Eric


 
 Tricky is pretty good with that chainsaw.

 
 Starting the flooring




 
 Scott putting the roof supports on



 
 Some locals helped us with putting the tin on the roof.



 
 Proof I do some work down here!


 
 Mary worked upma storm on the worksite!


 
 This little girl is the daugter of the family we built the house for.

 
 Playing with my camera.

 
 Tico

 
 Marlon

 
 
 Yarlin



 
 I had so much fun with these two boy!


 
 In their new home.


 
 The finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment