Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Tale of Two Houses

We have more then doubled in size today. The first trip is coming to an end and the second trip is now beginning. Terri took a small group to the airport to pick up the second team. The remainder of the group was split i to 2 house build teams. The two houses were side by side each other, which was really fun because our whole team was still together. You can probably guess that Trickys house went up a tad faster then the other group but both houses were up before 4:00. Angel was doing a great job today nailing in the floor of the house. All day as the house was going up she would say, "I can't wait to do the floor!" It is amazing to see her excitement and hard work here in Honduras.

I started off the house build digging a post hole for the house. It was a bit difficult, the dirt was more like a clay. At one point Wyatt and I were working together and one of the Hondurans working with us had about 3 holes dug in the time we got one. Then I got started nailing in one of the walls, let me tell you over the years I am getting much better at hammering in nails! Tricky eventually mad a make shift stool for us to stand on, I was able to help nail in every board on that wall!

At one point we had so many people I felt the need to find other things to do, so I found some kids to play with. For about the last 2 hours of the build I played frisbee, jump rope, and just other various things with the kids. There were three kids that I played with, named Natalie, Oscar, and Christisn. Christian was a bit shy but Oscar and Natalie were balls of energy!

Below are pictures both from the house build and the previous day.

.
All smiles while putting up their first house.


 
 Angel was so ready for this floor, she was first in line with a hammer when it was time for the flooring.


 
 Coles first time using a chainsaw

 
 It is amazing that a few short hours before this house there was only dirt here



 
 Myself with Oscar and Natalie.


 
 The lady we built the house for.


 
 Danielle and Natalie, probably my favorite picture so far  this trip!


 
 The two houses. :) 


 
 Nailing on our makeshift stool.






 
 Yesterdays pictures.

 
 The new wall going up

 
 Our rock pile

 
 The tin fence toguard the area until the wall is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment