Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Good Morning Mr. Crabs

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July!

We had a friend yesterday morning! I named him Stewie



Today we got started bright and early, breakfast as usual was from 7-8, devo was 8-8:30, and then the groups got ready and hit the road. We were broken into 4 different groups: 2 house builds, VBS/Medical, and hospital/food distribution.

I was on the house build lead by Scott, his first of the year! Tricky's house build crew was just up the road from us. We had a really great team on Scotts build. The only hiccup we had was when we were getting the posts set.

Build site

The view from our site was beautiful!




Maci, a little girl on our build site.

Teamwork!

Me, Maci, and Tatiana




Hannah waiting to finish the floor.

We always have extra wood during the build so I decided it would be fun to make another little seesaw for the kids to play with. You would have thought that it was a million dollar toy! The kids were having such a great time, I wish that I would have taken a video so you all could hear the giggles and laughter from the girls!

 Seesaw fun!



Chad had these girls giggling like there was no tomorrow! He would step on and off the piece of wood and the girls would scream! Such a fun time!

The lady we built the house for was very grateful. After the dedication she spoke for a few minutes about how thankful she was for God and for us coming to Honduras to build the house. I wish I could have fully understood everything she said but I am blessed to have heard the little that I did.



We got back to Villa Gracia around 4:00. Many people had to get their showers and eat at 5:00 so that they could go out for our 4th of July celebration. All but about 25 people went down to the mall and saw the movie Independence Day, had popcorn, and a drink all for $5.00. At the theater they sang the Star Spangled Banner.

The others in group stayed back at Villa Gracia and played cards, I was in this group. After our game we were blessed with the ability to goto bed at 8:30! Call me old but I was very excited to have missed the movie and be able to get a few extra hours of sleep!



Scott had some really interesting hands last night.


Due to the movie we did not have devo last night and the sign up sheets were not put out. Today is going to be a surprise but I am sure we are having another medical team and at least 2 house builds.

Angel took a few pictures of the medical center yesterday. They had a wonderful time and saw many people! We will go back again today to finish the medical center.

Sorting glasses to hand out.
 People seeing our doctor.

Handing out meds.
A birds nest they found in the back corner of the church building.


No comments:

Post a Comment