Saturday, July 9, 2016

When In Doubt Use Your Finger!

I know you are all so excited to be reading my blog this morning! I bet you are ready to see another house build....well sorry, I actually took a day off from house building. Granted I really only took a day off because they had these build pre-selected so I was not able to sign up for a house build, haha. 

Today the groups we broke into were 2 house builds, a painting crew at Didasko, a group to the blind school, and a group to the special needs. Talk about a difficult decision on what to sign up for! Three of my favorite places all in one day! In the end I decided to goto Didasko and help paint the rooms for the boys who live there. 

For those of you who do not know the story *I know many do but maybe we have 1 or 2 newbies reading this year! We found Didasko on accident. We were trying to find a woman prison, got super lost and knocked on Jorge's door. He showed us around and talked about the children's home that he has. We ended up giving him all the food that we had on the bus that day and he broke down because they were literally down to their last bag of rice with no ideas as to where their next days food would come from. Since then TORCH has kept a very close relationship with Didasko and it has grown by leaps and bounds! 


I got to spend my day with two of my nieces. It is truly an amazing experience to spend this trip with my nieces. They are both amazing young ladies!





Hannah used her finger to traces the dinosaur so that we didn't lose him while we painted. 

We only had a few ladders so we used bunk beds and chairs to stand on and reach high places.

Hannah's Dinosaur 





Some of you may recognize my two girls from Didasko Rosa and Norma. 
When Norma came running out I thought she was Rosa! She has grown so much and looks just like her big sister!

Manuel loves to have his picture taken..

Logan found this cute little snail.

Pictures from the Special Needs Orphanage


Cassidy playing with some of this kids.







They all decided to trace their bodies. The kids thought it was super fun!

Our house crew from the other day.






No comments:

Post a Comment