Sunday, July 10, 2016

No One Can Steal Your Joy

Today we had a little bit of an easy day. We broke into two teams. A small group of about 17 people went to the dump to feed the people there and the remainder of the group went out to Didasko and played with the kids all day. A few people stayed up last night and cooked chili and mango cobbler to take with us and eat with the kids. We also gave out popcorn and cotton candy!

I spent my day with my girl Rosa, its hard to believe how much she has grown. If you look back at past years you can see how fast she is growing up!


A large bug that we found just after getting off the bus.


Every year she paints my nails. :)

Norma painted her nails.

Rosa painted mine.


If you ever want some kids to laugh just put on a mustache...they thought it was hilarious!



Rosa insisted on taking pictures of some of the toys that were given out. 
Thank you Corbin and Kenny for giving up some of your toys :)

Rosa named this doll Randi after me.



Giving out cotton candy!


This man and his family are staying at the Didasko orphanage until October. He is making a documentary.



 We played legos. :) Great activity because legos always has picture instructions.


Diana and I

My bus buddy. We sang songs all the way back...and she ate about 1/2 my food in my lunch box

Mango tree
Not sure what fruit this one is.


 Here are some pictures of the people who went to the dump today.

The 3 amigos. I love all of these guys so much!



A man gave 4 lemps to a member of our team and insisted that we give it to Mark.
A days wages at the dump is around 7-8 lemps...which would be about 40 cents in the US.
This man wanted to make sure that he gave us a little something for the work we did. We tried
to give it back to him but he refused to take it back.

After the dump the group went to the special needs orphanage that is just up the road from the Villa.



I'd like to take a moment to ask for some prayers for this man. Dan has been traveling with me for the last 7 years. He is an amazing man....5 days before our trip he got back his cancer results, yet here he is. You would never know that he is battling, he has one of the best spirits that I have ever seen and he knows that God is in control of everything that is happening. Everyday he reminds me that  
"No one can steal our joy." 

No comments:

Post a Comment